About Me

My photo
Tarlac City, Tarlac, Philippines
I am a full-time single mom, part-time wellness coach, blogger and a vegan. I created this blog to help and inspire people take better care of themselves and the planet so we could all have healthier, happier lives. I believe that eating all natural whole foods will result in great health, long life, inner peace and overall wellbeing. Also, adapting an eco-friendly lifestyle gives a sense of contribution that will benefit many generations to come. Here you'll learn how to easily prepare delicious and nutritious plant-based food and make eco-friendly lifestyle decisions everyday. I am looking forward to help enrich lives and demonstrate how everyone can implement small changes to make choices that benefit not only ourselves but also everyone sharing this planet.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

PLANNING MY GARDEN

So here it goes, I'm really planning my garden now. really pushing sustainable living as a household. Gardening is a relaxing and very rewarding hobby, the delicious and nutritious food you will serve your family is reward enough not to mention the savings. makes my mouth water just thinking of all the yummy bounty my garden will produce!



some tips I have found practical and useful is plant only what you eat and what you need, and plant veggies that accompany each other in a dish. Makes common sense right? why plant lettuce when you can plant a whole salad garden? planting lettuce then going to the market to buy other ingredients sounds stupid to me, right? 


so here are the crops that I'm planning to plant:


for green salad:
lettuce (lollo rossa)
lettuce (black simpson)
spinach
arugula
lettuce (iceberg)
lettuce (romaine)
lettuce (corelle)


for veggie salad:
cucumber
carrots
bell peppers
cherry tomato red
cherry tomato golden
onions
mushroom (still looking for supplier)


for chinese greens (stir fry):
chinese bak choy
chinese watercress (upland kangkong)
pechay
asparagus (this will take a long time but it will be worth the wait)
brocolli
chinese chives
spring onions


for filipino dishes:
okra
eggplant
tomato (apollo)
sigarilyas
squash
patola
ampalaya


and for herbs:
celery
sage
basil
rosemary
thyme
garlic chives
parsley
oregano
lemon grass 
mint


some specialty seeds (waiting for confirmation):
broccoli sprouts
alfalfa sprouts
radish sprouts


and of course my favorite!
chilies!! labuyo and jalapeno, if I can get habanero I'll plant that too =)


already have calamansi (local lime specie)
seems ambitious?
nope, I don't think so, I will be having 250 sqm. of land free for me to use. plenty of space but I will only be planting small quantities enough to feed me and some of my family, they are not into the healthy lifestyle yet but I'm hoping if they see my perseverance they too will realize the best kind of life for us.


will keep you all posted for updates, for now I am stocking up on seeds, potting soil, pots and containers and not to mention knowledge don't want to go blind folded in this I want this to be a success! my compost bin is doing well, wish me luck! will post pictures once I get my things completed =)

No comments:

Post a Comment