About Me

My photo
Tarlac City, Tarlac, Philippines
I am a full-time single mom, part-time wellness coach, blogger and a vegan. I created this blog to help and inspire people take better care of themselves and the planet so we could all have healthier, happier lives. I believe that eating all natural whole foods will result in great health, long life, inner peace and overall wellbeing. Also, adapting an eco-friendly lifestyle gives a sense of contribution that will benefit many generations to come. Here you'll learn how to easily prepare delicious and nutritious plant-based food and make eco-friendly lifestyle decisions everyday. I am looking forward to help enrich lives and demonstrate how everyone can implement small changes to make choices that benefit not only ourselves but also everyone sharing this planet.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

This is what a vegan buys in the grocery =)

Yesterday, I went to the only grocery chain here in Tarlac City that carries soybeans.

here's what I got:
1 bag of F&C red rice (this is the only brand they carry)
1 bag of Golden Oats whole grain instant oats, they didn't have rolled oats which I prefer,
red beans, kadyos (pigeon peas), red lentils and soy beans.
molasses, kiwis, strawberries, baby corn, chinese pechay, peanut butter from Lily's which is the only one who had the least ingredients, and spices ( paprika, oregano, thyme, cayenne, turmeric, cinnamon and rosemary).


Here's what I made for brunch, oatmeal topped with bananas, strawberries, kiwi and mango. Satisfying and healthy, I didn't even add sweetener to it, the fruits were sweet enough to flavor my oatmeal.









And here's what I made for dinner, red rice risotto topped with sauteed veggies, YUM! even my dog enjoyed it. I just cooked 1/2 cup of rice, 2 cups of water  (which was too much for me) some tomato paste, salt and pepper and just let it boil, then I put the heat to a very low setting until the rice is tender and the water has evaporated.
Meanwhile, I chopped up some baby corn, chinese pechay, a clove of garlic and onion. grate the garlic right into the pan and add a teaspoon of oil (canola) cook until brown and crisp then add all the other ingredients. salt and pepper to taste and some chili flakes, viola! dinner for me and my dog =)

No comments:

Post a Comment